Welcome | Calendar | Events | About TriOut | Opting In | Resources
Welcome to the DC Triathlon Club's general information page about TriOut. TriOut is an affiliate triathlon team of the DC Triathlon Club that provides its gay, lesbian, and transgender triathlete club members, and their friends, a comfortable team atmosphere for training, racing and socializing in the Washington, DC metro area.
Mark Your Calendars!
- TriOut Monthly Happy Hour:
- Every 2nd Thursday of the month at various locations from 6:00PM until you need to leave! Check the TriOut calendar or the Club Events page for information on the next happy hour!
- TriOut Training Weekend:
- Save the weekend of June 24-26, 2016 for the TriOut training weekend in Lost River, WV!
- Training Events
- While all club training events (bike rides, track workouts, swim sessions, etc.) are open to every member of the club, the LGBT team is also putting together training rides, runs and swims to bolster an inclusive team feel.
- Swim Training -
- Check the TriOut calender for upcoming swim training opportunities.
- Bike Training -
- Check the TriOut calender for upcoming bike training opportunities.
- We will be planning some group rides as the weather warms up and the days get longer. We will be announcing those in the forum and on the Facebook page.
- Run Training -
- Check the TriOut calendar for upcoming run training opportunities.
- Like the bike group rides, we will have some group runs planned once the weather warms up and the days get longer. We will be announcing those in the forum and on the Facebook page.
- Featured Races
- In addition to DC Triathlon Club featured races, the TriOut team is pushing to get a group of LGBT athletes to focus on the following races:
- Devilman Triathlon (Half and Sprint distances): May 1, 2016
- Rock Hall Triathlon (Sprint and Olympic distances): June 4-5, 2016
- 2016 DC Front Runners Pride 5K: June 10, 2016
- Luray Triathlon (Sprint and Olympic distances): August 20-21, 2016
- Nation's Triathlon (Sprint and Olympic distances): September 11, 2016
- Giant Acorn Triathlon (Sprint and Olympic distances): September 24-25, 2016
- Social Events
- DC Triathlon Club holds TriOut happy hours every 2nd Thursday of the month. Just like the club-wide happy hours, the location of the event rotates around various venues in the Washington Metro area. Check the Events page, the TriOut calendar, or the forum thread for information on and location of the next LGBT happy hour.
- Quarterly happy hour mixers with other local LGBT sport groups. Check the club calendar for any upcoming mixers.
- Training Camps
- The LGBT team will head out to Lost River, WV for intense training weekends, where attendees can expect to spend a 3-4 day weekend riding, running, swimming and recovering with yoga workouts. There will be presentations and seminars by some highly experienced (and even super fast) triathletes of all distances (sprint to Ironman). Discussions will encompass race strategy, training, etiquette, techniques specific to each sport and/or terrain, in addition to anything else that we can think of. This will be a great opportunity to meet and mingle with fellow TriOut members novice and veterans alike. At the very least it's a great opportunity to get out of the city and get some fresh air.
- Training Camp Dates: June 24-26, 2016
- Maximum group size: 25 participants
- Details coming soon.
- Volunteer Opportunities
- In addition to training and racing, the team will have opportunities to volunteer in the LGBT community to both fundraise to help offset cost of trips.
- Meet the Fearless Leaders (Bios coming soon)
- David Lutz»
- Kyle Simpson»
- Jeremy Stillman»
OPTING IN TO THE GROUP
If you would like to opt-in to or join TriOut and find out about all of our activities, there are a few ways that you can do that. First and foremost, find us on Facebook! Use the +Google link on the calendar above to add the Google Calendar to your own! Email us!
DC Triathlon Club member option to opt in to the club TriOut community group: go to your Member Profile and under "Community Groups," select the TriOut (LGBT) option. This lets our fearless leaders know that you're interested in the goings-on of the TriOut group and you will receive updates or newsletter blasts with all the TriOut happenings.